Traxex Guide & Build, the Drow Ranger Strategy. Traxex is one of carry who can own the game when she got her items. Her agility is awesome and her attack is induced with frost effect which can slow enemy’s speed. This post contains Traxex the Drow Ranger guide, item build, skill build and strategy.
Traxex was a skilled archer in her oppressive underground homeland, the Underdark, until she grew sick of her kin’s evil ways and fled to the surface world. As a part of her resolution, she joined the Sentinel, bringing her excellent marksmanship to the fray. Some of her abilities include stripping magical beings of their voices, and enchanting her arrows with an icy cold. While such powers are valuable, her true origin will never cease to linger around in the judging eyes of others.
Strength – 17 + 1.9
Agility – 22 + 1.9 (Primary)
Intelligence – 15 + 1.4
Base damage 40-51
Attack range of 625
Base Armor 2.1
Movement speed of 300
Traxex Skill Descriptions
Frost Arrows (R)
Induces a freezing effect to the hero’s attacks. Each attack slows the enemy’s movement and attack rates.
Level 1 – Slows attack rate by 5% and movement rate by 10%
Level 2 – Slows attack rate by 10% and movement rate by 20%
Level 3 – Slows attack rate by 15% and movement rate by 30%
Level 4 – Slows attack rate by 20% and movement rate by 40%
Mana Cost: 12
This is the best orb effect skill, a free Eye of Skadi, even better. It makes her one of the best chasers as well as other hero with a blink type move (such as Mortred), with high movement speed(such as Balanar) and probably with poison effect(such as Viper).
Stops all enemies in a target area (275 AoE) from casting spells.
Level 1 – Lasts 3 seconds
Level 2 – Lasts 4 seconds
Level 3 – Lasts 5 seconds
Level 4 – Lasts 6 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds
This skill differentiate between Drow and other dps hero. Six seconds AoE silence can:
– completely screw up an enemy gank,
– prevent enemy from initiating team battle,
– decrease enemies continuation attack impact after initiate team battle,
– prevent enemy’s escape from the death.
An aura that gives friendly nearby units bonus damage to their ranged attacks.
Level 1 – Increases base ranged damage by 7%.
Level 2 – Increases base ranged damage by 14%.
Level 3 – Increases base ranged damage by 21%.
Level 4 – Increases base ranged damage by 28%.
This skill is no use in early game. It is needed when a big war started, her rangers team need more damage. It will be awesome for Drow with supported by level 3 of Marksmanship and nice item like Butterfly.
The Ranger’s accuracy has increased, giving her more agility.
Level 1 – +15 Agility.
Level 2 – +30 Agility.
Level 3 – +45 Agility.
Since this ability changed from 20% instant creep kills, it has turned Drow into a dps machine from her beginnings as a farmer/pusher. 45 Agility is more than any item in the game gives.
Traxex Skill Build
Level 1: Frost Arrows/Silence
Level 2: Stats
Level 3: Silence/Frost Arrows
Level 4: Frost Arrows
Level 5: Frost Arrows
Level 6: Marksmanship
Level 7: Frost Arrows
Level 8: Silence
Level 9: Silence
Level 10: Silence
Level 11: Marksmanship
Level 12: Trueshot Aura
Level 13: Trueshot Aura
Level 14: Trueshot Aura
Level 15: Trueshot Aura
Level 16: Marksmanship
Levels 17-25: Stats
Frost Arrows is taken at level 1 to harass earlier against melee hero. Silence can be taken first too to help prevent First Blood at level 1 which can occasionally happen with a good ES or PotM on the opposing team and can also be used to help assist early kills in a lane against Blinkers and Windwalkers.
Frost Arrows is the best skill had by Drow, maxing it will be useful in a lane to get single kill. 1 level of stats is needed in early game to gain more health.
Maximum level of Silence will be useful in mid game against enemy’s nuke heroes. Once they got silenced, they can do nothing and Drow together with her teammate will kill them or at least kill one of them.
Marksmanship is taken without need much explanation. More agility increase her damage, attack speed and armor and at level 16 no hero can equal her agility.
Traxex Item Build
1. Circlet of Nobility, 2 set of Tangos, Animal Courier
2. Slipper of Agility (from the side shop)
3. Finish Wraith Band x 2
4. Boots of Speed
5. Finish Power Tread
6. Yasha, Kelen’s Dagger or lothar edge
Drow Ranger core item should be like this:
2 Wraith Bands will increase her health and damage.
Power tread gives her extra attack speed and:
– 190 hp (strength mode) or
– 10 damage (agility mode).
Blink Dagger or Lothar Edge is needed for surprise attack and a good escape. Blink dagger is better than Lothar Edge for surprise attack but Lothar Edge gives her more damage and better for escape.
Yasha is a core item now as it gives IAS and MS. It can be turned into Manta later.
Traxex Late Game Items
Manta should be the first item to be made after finishing her core items. It gives her a lot of DPS and also gives 190 hp. Then Crystalys should be built because it will give her a critical chance and this will make her do a lot more damage. The Butterfly made for +30 damage, +30 agility and +30 evasion will increase her survivability and on top of that her images will get the bonus damage from the agility stats. Buriza is better then mkb because true shot doesn’t work too well with frost arrows but critical carries to images, giving the better dps (Also RED NUMBERS ARE IMPRESSIVE). Heart is a pretty choice to boost her hp and hp regeneration for her survivability much better.
Strategy to Pick and Play Drow Ranger
You should pick this hero if your team needs a good carry hero which can silence enemy’s nuke hero even can kill if you do a surprise attack first. You need to be supported by:
– Team battle initiator like Raigor or Tauren
– Disabler like Rhasta or Atropos.
Beware of her counter:
– Nukers. Since Drow has low hp she gets raped by heavy nukers. If you get caught with less than half health you’re going to get killed. The way to counter them is easier said than done. You need to Silence them before they can kill you with their nukes and once they are Silenced you should be able to kill them.
– Assassins. Pudge will be able to rape and kill you before you even know what’s happening. Nerubian Assassin will be able to destroy you with your low hp 1 good combo will kill you. A good way to counter Pudge this is to Silence him so he can’t turn off Rot and try to kill him. Stay away from Nerubian Assassin, sentry ward will help you from his suddenly attack. Against these heroes keep an eye on the minimap at all times incase your allies don’t call miss. Against a pudge its generally a good idea to keep a creep inbetween yourself and common hook spots. In any case ask a member of your team to buy wards, you shouldn’t have to when saving up for big items.
– Ether Blast. You can do nothing once you get banished except cast Silence. Run away first to avoid magic damage (with Blink Dagger if you can), then counter attack after this effect is gone or just back to the fountain if your health is low.
– Miss effect (active or passive): Butterfly, Drunken Haze, Drunken Brawler, Blind, Smoke Screen, Blur, Backtrack, etc. You can gambling: bet your dps and take the effect risk; or just run away and try attack later.
These are short strategy to play Drow:
1. Start (Level 1 – 7) : Last hit, deny and harass
2. Early (Level 7-11) : Gank
3. Mid (Level 11-16) : Farm a lot, gank with TP
4. Late (Level 17-…) : Team battle
You can choose any starting lane. Just deny and farm by last hit as best as you can. Try not to die and try to harass, especially melee hero, if possible. Don’t push the lane unnecessarily. If you have been holding a solo lane and you are above level 7, you might want to go gank a low level hero. Most of the time you will want to go gank in your long lane because if they are pushing then you will be able to sneak up on them from behind and if they use a direct path to get away they will have to run past you.
What you should be doing in mid game is farm A LOT without dying and get involved in ganks. You should be getting every last hit in your lane now and also remember to deny creeps when they are on low hp so you don’t push too far. If you have pushed too far you will probably notice that some of the heroes have disappeared off the mini map they have probably gone to kill you. If this happens TP out as soon as possible. If there are already heroes after you then try to Silence all the heroes with stuns and TP out.
If there are team fights happening then you should get involved chuck a Silence down to give your team an edge over the other. Make sure you don’t run into the action try coming in from behind and throwing down a Silence and Orb Walking their main source of damage.
Late game is the time when Drow shines. You will own the game when you have late game items for Drow. Become massively killer will be your role. In team battle:
1. Cast Silence on nuker and disabler first.
2. Try to kill them then kill carry hero, or otherwise.
3. Last hero to be killed by you is tanker.
How to Use Frost Arrows
To harass an enemy, use the (r) hotkey rather than autocast so enemy creep won’t attack you. That is called orb walking.
If you aren’t afraid with creep anymore, especially in team battle, autocast is the best choice.
How to Use Silence
Silence as many hero as you can, take its AoE advantage. Two hero silenced is better than one, three is better than two and so on.